Tuesday, May 24, 2011

160

Near Dark (1987, Kathryn Bigelow)



Let me first start of by saying that i have no idea why my Monday post appears on Sunday with the other one.I'm sad the big week-end is finished.I bought a bunch of movies and also realized that i didn't need more than 20minutes to rank up a bill when there's a DVD\blu ray sale.

My choice for today is near dark.and i'll be honest: i have no clue why that one more than another one but i'll tell you this: it's a great movie!!! But i'm pretty sure i didn't even need to tell you guys this! Remember back in the 80s(and early 90s in my case-when i was old enough to be "allowed" to rent horror movies by myself) vampires were still considered monsters and they were badass!!! i remember a young me,renting that movie at the video store ,plaid shirt over GnR tshirt,ripped jeans,drinking pepsi clear(i liked it!i didn't want it to go away dammit!)watching this movie and not wanting the summer to be over because i was going to high school and it didn't really appeal to me.

All the horror movies i love have memories attached to them by the way. Probably because it's the genre of movies i watch\love the most.

Point is,Near Dark is a great movie!

i'm done rambling for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment