Wednesday, May 25, 2011

159 days

159. Pumpkinhead (1989, Stan Winston)




Today,one of my favorite movies,in my top 5 for sure,the late Stan Winston's pumpkinhead. I was actually really upset when Stan Winston died in 2008.He was one of the great special fx masters and with pumpkinhead he had created one of the greatest looking monster i have ever seen!
I love everything about this movie and of course i have a tons of memories attached to them but my favorite is yet again with Camie whom i adore!!!
i remember i had just been through a breakup with my first boyfriend (that i had been with for 6yrs)and i just wanted to relax and do nothing,i was scared because i had been with the guy from the age of 16yrs old and even though the breakup was mostly mutual it was still very scary to find myself on my own for what felt like the first time ever.So her mom always made food..ALWAYS..it was great,and all we did all day was watch tv and eat.We watched pumpkinhead 1 and 2 in a row,ate like pigs,and to this day i still think it was a fucking great day!
I may seem like i live in the past because i carry all those good times in my head but i think it's mostly because when i'm having a hard time i like to pull one out and remind myself that things aren't always shitty..and it just so happens that all the best shit happens to me through my love for horror movies!
I'm doing this blog also to keep me busy,it calms me down.I'm going back to college after not setting foot in a "real" school for almost 11 years and i'll be honest,that is more scary than any monsters.By the time i finish this countdown i will hopefully be in the middle of my first semester and i will not have had a mental breakdown!!! Of course you don't have to read all the useless bullshit i write down,just watch the trailer,then get a urge to watch the movie and do it!:)






No comments:

Post a Comment